79 S. Elliott Rd., Chapel Hill, NC 27514
"We are hard-wired to love small shiny objects."
We offer a comprehensive range of repair services, including repairs and restorations that most jewelers would consider impossible.
Our four jewelers have decades of combined experience in designing, making and repairing jewelry. We have the largest and best equipped on-site shop in North Carolina with state of the art equipment like our laser welder.
- Ring sizing - up or down in platinum, gold or sterling
- Reshanking - replacing the bottom of a ring with new metal
- Prong retipping - prongs should be checked annually for wear- don’t risk losing a gem
- Check and tighten stones - a loose and moving diamond can wear away the prongs
- Fingermate hinged shank installation - the perfect solution for large knuckles
- Repair and recutting of diamonds - our European trained diamond cutter can repair chipped diamonds or repolish old cuts into dazzling brilliance
- Gemstone repair and polishing - restore the original beauty of scratched or abraded gems
- Stone setting - prong set, pave, flush, channel or bezel set
- Gemstone replacement - any size or variety including old cut diamonds
- Earring conversions - pierced to non-pierced and vice versa
- Bracelet repair - replacing clasps, hinges and rivets
- Bracelets - adding additional safety fastenings for more security
- Chain repair - all metals, all styles- almost always invisible
- Necklaces - clasp replacement for aesthetic or security reasons
- Pearl and bead restringing - with or without knots
- Refinishing and replating - makes your gold, platinum and sterling jewelry look like new
- Costume jewelry - often can be repaired with lead solder or epoxy
- Watch service - batteries done while you wait
Before and after pictures of the restoration of an antique platinum filigree diamond ring
If you need to have Great Grandmother's ring made ready for another century, we can do it! Bring that special piece in and we'll be happy to give you an estimate.
Copyright © Grimball Jewelers - All Rights Reserved